Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Jojo's China Bistro

I went to Jojo's during lunch - right before they got busy. I noticed that the decor was pretty nice - wood floors, an open kitchen and big booths. The menu had several lunch specials in which you could order a protein plus two sides (salad, rice, spring rolls, soup or steamed vegetables). I settled on the Szechuan chicken with brown rice and steamed veggies.

The food came quickly and it was hot hot hot. The steamed veggies were my first victim. They were nice, crisp and bright - not ruined by oil or butter. There was a medley of mushrooms, broccoli, squash and carrots. The chicken was next - it was all white meat (yeah!) and tender. I wish that the chicken, however, was more spicy and less oily. The rice was simple brown rice in which I only finished 1/3 of the serving. Overall, the dish was pretty good and very filling. You could probably portion 3 separate meal servings from this dish (yes, I took some home).

The service was pretty good. My order was taken promptly and refills were provided. The food was also pretty good but as I mentioned above, I wish it was less greasy. The food was hot and tender and I did love that the veggies were actually just 'steamed.' I would go again - perhaps at dinner and try a different meal. I give Jojo's 3 ghosts.

Note - this is my smallest review!

7800 Rea Rd
Charlotte, NC 28277
(704) 541-6488

No comments:

Post a Comment