Monday, October 19, 2009

Lebowski's Grill and Pub

Lebowski's is in it's maiden year opening this past March 2009. It's on East Blvd, nestled within the likes of Cantina 1511, Big Daddy's, Moe's and Rock n' Lobster. It's named after the Big Lebowski and has various posters and quotes around the restaurant as well as album covers hanging from the wall. I decided to meet my spouse for lunch - we've never been and it's in the middle of where we work... a good meeting spot. We arrived and our drink orders were taken and delivered promptly. At that time, we were busy reviewing the menu - which had several items I wanted to order: The Sizzle Salad, the Turkey Burger, the Quesadillas... the list went on and on. We decided to both order a sandwich and split it as well as split the sides:

Me - Turkey BLT Wrap with Mac and Cheese (the wrap had Roasted Turkey Breast, Applewood-Smoked Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato & Mayo)
Spouse - Chicken Florentine (Chicken Breast, Provolone, Baby Spinach, Bruschetta and Spinach-Artichoke Spread on Grilled Sourdough) with garlic fries

We waited not even 10 minutes and out popped our food. The wrap was a good size - much larger than I have seen at other sandwich places. There was plenty of turkey and bacon (I loved that the turkey was crisp and not oily) and it was stuffed end-to-end. The mac and cheese was definitely homemade. The mac was cavatappi pasta and the cheese were several cheeses that oozed in the bowl. There was enough melted cheese left to scoop up with the garlic fries. The mac and cheese was hot and not overly salty. My half of the Chicken Florentine was still hot when I got to it (this was after eating my half of the wrap and mac and cheese). The chicken breast was thinly sliced and with each bite I could taste a piece of artichoke and spinach. The artichoke gave the sandwich the perfect sour bite - a good balance with the chicken and cheese. The garlic fries were equally delicious. They appeared to have a garlic batter and were garnished with parsley. The fries were a true treat - something I normally don't order (yes, even ghosts need to watch their weight) but they were worth it. I will be thanking these fries and the mac and cheese for my 3 mile run this afternoon.

All and all, the lunch was very good and at a great lunchtime value. The two sandwiches, sides and drinks was ~$23. You can pay the same price (or more) at Panera or Five Guys and the meal at Lebowski's was far better. I would like to go back to try the burgers and wings and their "mystery beer." I give Lebowski's 4 ghosts for overall service, food and price. We'll be meeting there again in the future.

http://lebowskisgrillandpub.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment